Saturday, December 18, 2010

Banana & Chocolate Muffins


I was watching old episodes of Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers on BBC iPlayer when he started making this banana chocolate cake in order to use up old bananas. Hmm, I thought. There were four gross old bananas on the counter that I wanted to turn into something else so I wouldn't have to look at them any more. Perfect. They're a little naughty for breakfast, but what do I care? I don't even eat bananas.

Banana and Chocolate Muffins
Adapted from Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers

Ingredients

175g butter, melted
175g sugar
2 large eggs
4 overripe bananas, mashed
175g flour (I used 75g whole wheat flour and 100g plain flour)
100g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract (I totally forgot to put this in, oops)

Method

Heat oven to 180C. Beat butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the bananas. Add the vanilla (if you remember to). Add the flour to this and mix to combine (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips and then spoon into a greased muffin tin. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment