Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kopapa


34 Monmouth Street
London
WC2H 9HA



I chose Kopapa as our pre-theatre dinner before seeing Matilda (which is fantastic, by the way, in case you didn't already know). It was a while ago, since I'm not doing a great job of keeping up with blogging these days, but I'm pretty sure I had the starter described as "Pork, chilli, coconut & gapi salad on endive, crispy shallots, tamarind dressing". The flavors were really interesting - a delicate balance of salty, sweet, sour, bitter and umami, all in one bite. I think I then had "Roast miso cod, Jerusalem artichoke, bok choy, soy ginger beurre blanc" which was cooked perfectly - the fish flaked off in big pearly pieces and paired well with the slightly Asian-influenced sauce and greens. Sadly I can't remember anything about what A had, but I know he enjoyed it as well - I'd certainly recommend this to anyone else who wants a slightly more elegant dinner in the Covent Garden area.

No comments:

Post a Comment