Friday, January 25, 2013

The County Line BBQ



5204 Ranch Road 2222
Austin, TX 78731

I ate what can only be described as an astonishing amount of terrific food while on my holidays in the US. Much of it was my mom's amazing cooking, but there was also a fair amount of pigging out at some of my favorite restaurants. I managed three meals at my most adored Chinese restaurant, Tien Jin, and also covered off Tex-Mex at Chuy's, Texas martinis at Trudy's, and last but not least, BBQ at The County Line. A's mom joined us in Texas for the first time this year, and while she is usually a vegetarian, she made a little exception in order to dig into some pork ribs. Thank goodness they were worth it - tender, with just enough pull so they didn't fall right off the bones, and accompanied by some incredibly honey wheat bread. A and I still love brisket more than any other form of Texas BBQ, so thankfully our five meat plate came with that, which beat the turkey and sausage hands down. This is a great place to bring guests - it's a nice atmosphere and doesn't require waiting in line for ridiculous amounts of time like some places. Texas, I miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment