Friday, June 08, 2012

Mason & Taylor


51-55 Bethnal Green Rd
London
E1 6LA

T & R invited us to have Sunday lunch with them at Mason & Taylor, the new-ish craft beer pub that took over Green & Red's space on Bethnal Green Road (but kept the ampersand, apparently). T and A were very pleased with the beer flights - three 1/3 pint tastes of any beers they have on tap, which allowed them to try a dozen beers in total over lunch. Sunday lunch options are pretty standard - chicken, pork, beef, lamb, mackerel, something veggie... I went with the lamb which came in a generous portion along with heaps of cabbage, carrots and roasted potatoes. It was good, but I seem to compare all Sunday roasts to The Drapers Arms and so far nothing has beat them, so I can't find it in myself to rave about Mason & Taylor. I think the beer is the bigger draw, so at least the food isn't a drawback.

No comments:

Post a Comment