Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Apero @ the Ampersand Hotel


10 Harrington Rd
London
SW7 3ER

P & N and I met Lady E at her hotel in South Kensington, the Ampersand. Inside is a restaurant called Apero, which does a surprisingly reasonable dinner menu of small plates. There must have been something on their menu involving salmon roe as that is clearly what I had in the picture above - alas it is not on their website. I also had a dish called English guinea fowl, mushrooms, bacon and sherry, which came in an adorable little copper pot and was so much fun to eat (says the girl who loves nothing more than to demolish small birds). Of the other things ordered, one of my favorites was the Burrata & beetroot, olive oil crisp bread - it was so generous and creamy and fun to share. While I wouldn't go out of my way to get back to Apero, it will certainly be on my list of places in South Kensington - you could do far worse and feel far more robbed than coming for a meal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment