Friday, August 06, 2010

Spaghetti con Gamberetti e Rucola


Another new recipe from one of my cookbooks to fulfill my goal of making something new from each cookbook I own. I thought this would be nice for a dinner at home with A and his parents - quick but tasty. Strangely, the grocery store closest to me only carries tiny prawns, rather than the king size ones, so I made do this time, but I think it would be worth seeking out the larger ones. This is a very lightly sauced pasta, just so you're aware - I upped the tomato puree because 2 tablespoons just seemed far too little for the amount of pasta I was making. As you can see in the picture above, it looks like there's no tomato sauce at all!


Spaghetti con Gamberetti e Rucola

Adapted from Jamie's Italy
Serves four

Ingredients

500g dried spaghetti
salt and pepper
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
400g peeled prawns
1 small wineglass of white wine
3 heaped tablespoons of sun-dried tomato purée
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 handfuls of rocket, roughly chopped

Method

Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water for seven minutes. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and toss in the garlic. As the garlic begins to color, add the prawns and sate them for a minute. Add the white wine and the tomato purée and simmer for a couple of minutes. When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander, reserving a little of the cooking water. Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, squeeze in the lemon juice, add half the chopped rocket, adding a little of the reserved cooking water if you want to loosen the sauce a bit, and correct the seasoning. Divide between four plates and sprinkle with the grated lemon zest and the rest of the rocket leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment