Monday, August 24, 2009

Jerk Chicken

Whitecross Street Market

I was forgetful today and 1) didn't take a picture of my lunch, which was a container full of salad, rice and peas and jerk chicken, with some hot sauce drizzled on top and 2) also forgot to check the name of the Caribbean stall it was purchased from. It was wonderfully spicy though I was probably a bit too enthusiastic with the hot sauce which resulted in relatively slow progress when eating. The chicken was chopped up into little cubes which made it easier to mix with the rice and peas so that you could get a bit of everything in each mouthful. Not sure how authentic it is - the peas in the rice and peas looked like kidney beans to me, and I haven't had much jerk chicken before so the spicing could be totally wrong for all I know, but it was tasty. I'd eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment