Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ben's Chili Bowl


1213 U Street NW
Washington, DC 20009


Ben's Chili Bowl is an institution and boasts pictures of all sorts of dignitaries that have visited (Obama! Sarkozy!) Seeing as how it's a hop, skip and jump away from J's apartment, it was inevitable that I would drag myself there at some point to try a half smoke. We ordered them to go, since the restaurant was packed and we thought it would be more comfortable to eat at J's - this worked well except that when I unwrapped my half smoke it was so disgusting to look at that I couldn't post the picture here. It's basically a sausage with a ladle full of chili piled on top, and then some orange grated cheese. No worries, it still tasted pretty good - it's greasy, heavy food, and I wouldn't necessarily eat another one, but sometimes experiences are worth having just to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment