Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Harold's Chicken Shack #62



636 S. Wabash Ave.

Chicago, IL 60605

Harold's Chicken Shack #62 is part of a chain of many Harold's Chicken Shacks all over Chicago. This one happened to be on my walk home from where I was working, and I saw that perch was included in the list of foods sold on the awning. Lake perch is a specialty in the Great Lakes area, so I decided to treat myself to a little snack. I ordered a piece, and they're freshly fried to order so I had to wait for a few minutes before it was ready. I was offered hot sauce to go with it, so I dipped a couple of pieces in, but I think it was so tasty on its own that the hot sauce was unnecessary. The lake perch was moist and the breading seemed like a light cornmeal crust - a nice crisp crunch that gave way to the fresh, flaky fish. I wish I had more time to try other things - I noticed fried gizzards on the menu as well - but alas, I couldn't stay. Next time I see one of these places, I'll be in to try more.

No comments:

Post a Comment