Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Royal Standard


1 Saint Peter's Road
Flushing
TR11 5TP

 I've written about The Royal Standard before here and here, but this recent visit for Sunday lunch seemed different enough that I decided to post again. I'm noticing that I'm making more return visits to places - which is not surprising since you do tend to go back to places when you're living in the same place for seven years, but I think is also due to the fact that I'm no longer chasing after the next best thing to eat. The dining scene in the UK has drastically improved, even over the last few years, and I've discovered places that I'm happy to go back to again and again. I might even do a post on my favorite restaurants based on frequency of visits. Anyway - on another trip to Cornwall, we returned to The Royal Standard for a sunny outdoors roast luncheon, this time with A's Australian family members, and had a great time soaking up some rare rays of sunlight while gorging on platefuls of food. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the carrot mash - there was something else in there too, maybe swede, and a hell of a lot of butter, I think. Point is, get yourself to Flushing if you're in the area, it's worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment