Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lyme Bay Kitchen and Bar


44/45 Coombe Street
Lyme Regis
Dorset
DT7 3PY

Since the rest of the Lyme Regis gang had been to Lyme Bay Kitchen and Bar in May and loved it, we came back for B's birthday dinner. It was a roaring success again (and apologies to the rest of the diners if our rowdy group of seven was literally roaring in glee in our corner). K, W and I decided to split starters so that we could try a few more things. The whitebait pictured above was my favorite by far - I think I have enjoyed whitebait every time I have ordered it, so perhaps I need to keep an eye out for it more often. We also had a slow roasted red pepper starter (filled with goat’s cheese, black olives, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts topped with parmesan) that was nice but I was much more focused on stuffing whitebait in my mouth. For my main, I went with W's recommendation and had the Tagliatelle Louis (tiger prawns, bacon, spring onions, tomato, white wine, garlic, chilli topped with langoustine and lemon). Perfectly al dente pasta, coated in seafoody garlicky chilli juices was scarfed down - the large portion size meant that I was so full afterwards that I couldn't manage any dessert. I believe we were drinking copious bottles of house red, which was quaffable, and all I know is that we plunged into the rather cold night full of cheer - exactly how B's birthday celebrations should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment