Monday, January 17, 2011

Hula Hut



3825 Lake Austin Boulevard
Austin, TX 78703

Once I had both my A's with me in Austin, we headed out to Hula Hut to enjoy the sunshine and some festive drinks. To use up a Groupon deal I had, we ordered Queso Compuesto (queso with fajita beef, guacamole and pico de gallo), Shrimp Quesadillas, and Chicken Flautas. The flautas were my favorite - crispy cigars of tortillas stuffed with tender chicken - and the shrimp quesadillas made me realize I'm not too fond of shrimp with cheese. Cocktails were fun as well - I wish my memory was better but all I can remember is that mine had sweet tea vodka in it. Sadly, later on the same day we were there, the pier where we sat caught on fire due to some errant fireworks from the restaurant next door - I hope they repair it soon so that Austinites can continue to enjoy eating outdoors during the winter months!

No comments:

Post a Comment