Monday, April 04, 2011

El Mexicano



7 New Road
Brighton
BN1 1UF

We were looking for a quick bite to eat next to the Royal Pavilion and El Mexicano fit the bill - a cheap lunch special of 4.95 for a panini and glass of wine caught our eye, and A and I tried the grilled chicken and meatball paninis. I always thought paninis were grilled, pressed sandwiches - what emerged was actually on a baguette and was decidedly not grilled. Nor was it Mexican. But for a fiver a head, I suppose it did the trick. My dad finished his grilled chicken panini without much commentary, and my mom had nachos, which at least were generous and came with proper tortilla chips, not the travesty that is Doritos that you occasionally find in Mexican restaurants in the UK. Wouldn't necessarily come back here, but nor was it the worst thing to eat in the vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment