Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Pret a Manger


City Point
London
EC2Y 9AW

Perhaps it is a bit silly to write about a chain as ubiquitous as Pret a Manger, but I had a surprisingly decent sandwich there and these cool architects in New York seem to like it, so here goes. S and I met up for lunch in the Moorgate area and since it was cold outside, we wanted somewhere with a bit of indoor seating. Pret to the rescue - we both got baguettes filled with Italian prosciutto, parmesan, tomatoes and basil. I think I detected a swipe of mayonnaise in there as well, which I usually hate, but I didn't notice it except for one bite. The baguettes taste freshly baked, which is always good, and the fillings complemented each other nicely. When I first moved to the UK, I was really creeped out by Pret since they sold all their sandwiches prepackaged in little cardboard containers, but I suppose if they are made daily, they're not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment