Sunday, September 12, 2010

Le Mercury


140a Upper Street
London
N1 1QY

Le Mercury is one of those places on Upper Street that I walk past all the time but never go into. I remember being surprised by the prices on one of my walk-bys, and making a little mental note to try it out, but then as usual, other things came first. Well, I finally made it there and while it was certainly a decent meal, I am not sad that I haven't been there earlier. It is basically well-priced French food that is executed the way I imagine a competent home cook would do it. My lamb was tender and came with nicely grilled courgettes, and the cheesecake above was a bit light and bland for me, though the sticky toffee pudding was gooey and decadent as it should be. Good for a casual dinner, but nothing to go out of your way for. Thankfully it is not out of my way at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment