Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Marvin


2007 14th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20009-7562

Marvin is where a bunch of my friends who have all ended up in DC, somehow, gathered on a hot Tuesday evening to see me and A (thanks everyone!) Since an evening of drinking should probably be accompanied by a little food, A and I split a tuna salad (amazingly fresh, perfectly grilled tuna) and a side of fries (which I couldn't stop eating, especially with the curry mayonnaise). That totally hit the spot and made it possible for me to remain upright for a good few hours (the never-ending jug of tap water also helped, of course). 
J told me the mussels are great too but unfortunately they aren't served in the bar area. Marvin's still a bit of a scene on Tuesday nights, surprisingly - guess this place is popular, no matter what - but the roof deck makes it all worthwhile. Unlike it's neighbor, Gibson, which will never be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment