Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hummingbird Bakery


133 Portobello Road
Notting Hill
London
W11 2DY

Hummingbird Bakery is renowned for its cupcakes, but I think they're overrated. I tried a red velvet cupcake just to make sure I wasn't missing out on something revelatory, and indeed, it was far too sweet for me, and even a tad dry. Their "New York" cheesecake failed our taste test as well - it was not nearly dense enough, so A will have to continue searching for an acceptable slice of cheesecake in London. Thankfully, in addition to our two failures, we also ordered a savoury muffin, and this was the highlight - cheesy without being heavy, it was scarfed down and we were amazed by how much we liked it. I'd get the savoury muffin again, but I can't see myself going back to Hummingbird Bakery much - the disappointment to happiness ratio was too high, and it's not cheap either.

No comments:

Post a Comment