Friday, July 16, 2010

The Raleigh Times


14 E. Hargett St.

Raleigh, NC 27601
USA

D took me to the Raleigh Times with a few other people during her lunch break - we had come for the pulled pork nachos, but shockingly, they were out of pulled pork. Instead, we went for the next regional specialty on the menu, the fried pickles (I was dubious, but turns out there's no need to be). These were thinly sliced pickles in a crisp, light batter, served with ranch dressing. I loved them, but they are awfully salty and I'm glad we chose to share one order among the five of us. Since it was so hot outside, I decided on a salad for lunch - the Asian Tuna Salad with seared rare marinated tuna, bok choy, butter lettuce, shredded carrots, red bell peppers and soy sesame dressing. It was exactly what I wanted - cool and refreshing flavors - nothing mind-blowing but it certainly hit the spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment