Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cork Wine Bar


1720 14th Street NW
(between N R St & N Riggs Pl)
Washington, DC 20009


I arrived just in time for dinner with my brother and his fiancee - they suggested Cork Wine Bar for some tasty small plates and good wine. This is what we ended up ordering:
  • Grilled Asparagus, ricotta, capers, lemon oil, grilled bread
  • Sautéed kale, garlic and pecorino
  • Sautéed Branzino, French lentils, caramelized cipollini onion, bacon, lemon oil
  • Hudson Valley Duck Salami (New York)
  • A cheeseboard with 3 selections, I think Midnight Moon (goat), Humboldt Fog (goat) and Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk (cow) though my memory fails me a bit
  • And a quail dish that I can't find on their online menu.
We ordered a bottle of La Montesa, Rioja, Palacios Remondo 2004 to drink and I enjoyed it, though I am starting to think that the wine markup in the US is a lot higher than I expect. I'm not sure what the total bill was since J treated us all to dinner (thanks J!) but the food was delicious and well prepared and presented, so it was a nice place to try a lot of different dishes and catch up on conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment