Sunday, July 18, 2010

Super Taqueria


2842 N Roxboro St
Durham, NC 27704

M lives around the corner from this place, lucky her. Her car's air conditioning broke down so we dropped her car off at the local garage and came here for a bit of lunch. Absolutely freaking delicious. I started off with a trio of tacos: carne asada, lengua (tongue) and carnitas. There's a great little salsa bar where you can load up on pico de gallo, red and green salsas and extra cilantro, onions and limes. They were all fabulous, though I think my favorite was the carne asada. I couldn't help myself - the tacos were so good I had to go up and try the ceviche on a tostada as well - a mix of fish, shrimp, tomatoes, onions and cilantro came out on top of a crisp corn tostada which was wonderfully refreshing in the heat. Altogether, I think lunch was less than $8, which is why I miss the US so much sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment