Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sammy's Tap and Grill


235 Avent Ferry Road
Raleigh, NC 27606

D and R asked me what I miss about the US that I can't get in London, and buffalo wings are pretty high on that list. They'd heard that the wings at Sammy's Tap and Grill were pretty good, so kindly drove me there so we could pick up some wings for dinner. We ordered 10 medium wings (above) and 10 with Sammy's Sauce (very very peppery - the wings were drenched in black pepper). Alas, our order for some celery sticks to go with the wings must have been forgotten as they were not in the bag when we got home. The medium wings were pretty decent, though I'd prefer them crispier, and Sammy's Sauce was interesting but not something I'd order again. Hella cheap though - they say their wings are 50% off every day, which is hilarious - so the 20 wings (plus missing celery) was $11 with tax and tip. Next time, I'd be tempted to go back and eat in and try one of the many beers they have on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment