Friday, October 02, 2009

The Roast of Sherwood


Whitecross Street Market

The Roast of Sherwood shows up on Thursdays and Fridays at Whitecross Street Market. I took A there today since he had the day off and he wanted to try a burrito from Luardos (which he liked!). I had just had a burrito the night before so I tried something different - a pig roast sandwich. I'm not fond of sweet things with my meat so I passed on the sweet chili sauce and applesauce, leaving me with a plain sandwich of roast pork, lettuce and some rosemary olive oil. There would have been rocket (arugula) as well except we were there quite late and they were out of it. For four quid, this was an incredibly yummy and filling lunch and even though there were tempting sweets at the market, I passed on everything as there was no way I could eat another bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment