Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dim t


32 Charlotte St
London, W1T

Thank goodness for Wednesday lunches with J or else I might not have much to blog about these days! Dim t is a chain of Asian restaurants - there's dim sum, noodle dishes, rice dishes and salads, and it seems to go from Chinese to Malaysian to Thai, so let's just call it pan-Asian. We went with their "Dine under 10" special which is a starter and a main for 9.95. To start with, I got the chicken satay and J got the chicken and asian greens steamed dumplings. I really liked the satay - nicely grilled, crispy chicken with a great savory satay sauce with a tiny bit of heat to give it a tiny kick. Thought the dumplings were ok (but would prefer my own potstickers, or better yet, my mom's...) I ordered the tom yum soup noodles with salmon which was deliciously lemongrassy and packed with bok choy, bean sprouts, red peppers, red onions and slippery wide flat rice noodles. That is probably way too much food for lunch but I was certainly full enough to skip dinner later that night. J had the Malaysian butternut squash curry which looked good (and I think she enjoyed). Nothing inspirational here but it's certainly a solid Asian restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment