Monday, March 08, 2010

Brasserie Au Metro


8 Place Felix Eboue
75012 Paris, France

Something about being in France makes me crave steak tartare. I very rarely order it anywhere else, but once I step foot onto French soil, watch out. This was a lovely rendition, with plenty of capers, finely chopped onion, and egg mixed into the raw steak. Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco came on the side and I generously added both. The salad was dressed with a tangy mustard dressing that made it taste much nicer than a pile of leaves normally does, and the fries were wonderfully golden and crisp on the outside and soft and potatoey on the inside. Pretty good, considering this was a hastily thought up destination after the Cambodian place we had planned to go to was rammed. A found his bavette steak a little chewy and perhaps a tad too rare for his liking (but polished off the whole thing regardless), T had what looked like a pretty decent vegetarian lasagne, and other A said her duck breast with risotto was good. So, not destination dining, but if I found myself in the area craving steak tartare again, I'd go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment