Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Convention Cafe


Convention Metro
Paris

I know, I know. Second place in a row where I don't have an address (or even a proper name). It's right next to Convention metro stop though - one of those corner cafes. Basically, we were starving after we finished at a photography exhibition and this place looked decent (and was still serving lunch). I went with one of the daily specials, a salad that was like no other salad I've ever seen. A giant plate came out, heaped with lettuce, then fried potatoes, cheese, ham, croutons and a poached egg. If all salads were like this salad, I'd be happy to eat salad daily! This was reasonable for 10 euros, but my friends felt a little more ripped off when their bowls of French onion soup rang in at 8.50 each, and a croque monsieur was 15 euros. Still, for a corner cafe, I suppose these prices aren't ridiculous, and I would recommend the salad, so I guess I'll give this one a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment