Sunday, January 03, 2010

Baguette House



Chinatown Center

10901 N. Lamar Blvd. #C312
Austin, TX
78753

My mom and I were shopping for Asian groceries when we decided to stop for lunch. Baguette House makes really delicious Vietnamese baguettes, and I was keen to try their bahn mi. $3.25 buys you the #1 House Special, which comes with sliced ham, head cheese, pate and pork meat loaf, along with the usual pickled vegetables and cilantro. My mom went with the grilled beef sandwich for $3.75. The baguettes were perfect as usual - crispy on the outside so they shatter when you bite in, but soft on the inside so the fillings don't escape. I think the beef one was slightly more flavorful though - really nice lemongrass marinade on the meat. I also had a milk tea with tapioca but it was only so-so, I'll stick to bubble tea at a proper bubble tea cafe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment