Monday, December 21, 2009

Cafe Zaiya



Kinokuniya Bookstore
1073 Avenue of the Americas (Bet 40th & 41st St)
New York, NY
10018

This Japanese cafe i
sinside an amazing Japanese bookstore that stocks everything Japan-related in book form that you could ask for. K and I had been walking around for a while and were freezing so we took an opportunity to stop for a snack and to warm ourselves again. I went for an onigiri (rice ball wrapped in seaweed) stuffed with spicy cod roe, and a dorayaki (essentially two pancakes sandwiching a red bean paste, seen above). They were both ok, but nothing that special - surprisingly I like the onigiri from Wasabi better and the red bean paste was too sweet for me in the dorayaki. Still, at least I could feel my feet again by the time we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment