Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shake Shack



Madison Square Park, near Madison Ave. and E. 23rd Street
New York, NY


K and I braved a snowstorm to go get Shake Shack for lunch - conveniently she lives nearby so the plan was to grab food there and bring it back to the apartment to eat. There are often ridiculously long queues to eat there, but the cold weather meant there was no line to order, so we managed to get our food after waiting about 10 minutes for it to be cooked fresh. I ordered a Shack Burger which comes with American cheese, lettuce, tomato and Shack sauce. A side of crinkle cut fries and a vanilla concrete with chocolate truffle cookie dough completed my meal. After dashing back to K's place, we dived into our food and it was as amazing as I remembered. My favorite burger by far, I would be ecstatic if they opened one of these in London. The fries are cooked from frozen but are somehow still some of the best fries I have ever eaten. The concrete was delicious (the cookie dough is made with sinfully dark chocolate) but I only managed to finish a third of it - thankfully the rest is in K's freezer for later.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment