Thursday, December 24, 2009

Opia



130 East 57th Street
New York, NY
10022

suggested Opia for dinner so I made my way to 57th and Lex and then couldn't find it. It wasn't until I looked up that I saw a sign - it's on the second floor of a hotel. It's quite dark inside as it is described as a bar/lounge, but it serves food as well as drink. I got the hanger steak with a red wine sauce and a tater tot (note that tater tot is in the singular, since what came out was one giant tater tot, not a pile of tater tots as I was expecting). The terrible picture above is not representative of how good the food was - the steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare and it was tender and delicious. O had the truffled mac and cheese which blew my mind - it was so incredibly rich I managed one bite before falling into a cheese coma. Good place to meet up if you want to have a drink and a bit of food as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment