Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ginger Crinkles




The Homesick Texan is one of my favorite blogs because I am often a homesick Texan as well. As soon as I read her recipe for these ginger crinklesI knew they had to be tried - I love gingery cinnamony things and her writing always makes me want to cook. I had to substitute black treacle for molasses again since I cannot find molasses here - it's probably why these are too sweet. But a cookie with a cup of tea or coffee works well...

Ginger Crinkles (makes 60 cookies)

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1/4 cup black treacle
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 cup demerara sugar for dipping

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the oil, sugar, egg and black treacle. Mix together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger and add to the liquid ingredients.

Roll dough into walnut size balls (about 1/2 a tablespoon) and dip into demerara sugar.

Bake at 350 until slightly brown for about 15 min. Do not overcook!

No comments:

Post a Comment