Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ditsch Pretzel


Ditsch
Köln Hauptbahnhof

Ok, I realize I have just posted three pictures of pretzels, which may be a little bit over-the-top. However, this is only because I want to make sure no one else makes the same mistake we did, which is to buy the first pretzel you see when you get into the train station in Cologne. That would be the bottom picture, a large pretzel to the tune of 1.60. It was sad, dry, and most definitely not fresh. About 5 meters away, at another shop, we noticed a pretzel machine making hot-out-of-the-oven pretzels (middle picture). For only €0.60! So we immediately put our first pretzel away and bought another one, which is the top picture, because my goodness, the difference between a fresh pretzel covered in plenty of salt and an old pretzel with a paltry scattering of salt is like night and day. The fresh pretzel place is called Ditsch. I beg you, make sure you get your pretzels from a hot pretzel oven. Don't be dumb like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment