Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lantana


13 Charlotte Place
Marylebone, London W1T 1SN

After reading multiple raves about Lantana from some of my favorite food blogs over the last year or so (here, here, here, here, and here), it was probably about time to go try it myself. Thankfully it was in the area that J and I frequent for our Wednesday lunches, and since we were ready for lunch at noon, it seemed like a good time to snag a seat at this tiny cafe. Good thing we did, because about 30 minutes later the place was rammed. I went with the chicken kebab with choice of two salads, and I opted for potato salad and chickpea salad. Everything tasted incredibly fresh and I loved the use of yogurt in the potato salad rather than heavy mayonnaise. The chicken skewers were grilled perfectly and were still tender and juicy. I suppose 8.50 for the above plateful is not too steep - I certainly left full - but nor does it seem cheap, so this may be a treat for lunch rather than a regular haunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment