Saturday, April 17, 2010

Haxenhaus zum Rheingarten


Frankenwerft 19
50667 Köln

The marvelous Cologne Welcome Card gets you all kinds of discounts - to museums, restaurants and bars - and it also serves as a 24 hour public transport pass. For our €8 per person cards, I estimate we saved at least €50 between us. Haxenhaus zum Rheingarten is one of the places we visited along the river to get our free Kölsch. Since we were getting our beers free, we ordered the Flönzthaler (4 Stück) as a snack. Sadly A and I have no German skillz whatsoever and thus did not know that we were eating blood sausage, sandwiched between dry slices of pumpernickel rye bread. At the time, all we knew is that we both did not like this dish at all, and now that I am back home and translating what I ate, I am even more disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment