Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Scolt Head


107A Culford Road
London N1 4HT

This is one of my favorite meals in recent memory, and it's at one of my local pubs! The Scolt Head was a regular haunt last summer because of its fantastic beer garden, and while I knew they served food, I didn't try it until now. Silly, silly me. Sunday lunch options all sounded great but I went with the whole grilled lemon sole with brown shrimp, capers and lemon-butter sauce, served alongside a gratin of fennel. The menu changes daily to reflect what is fresh and seasonal and based on this one dish, I'd say the kitchen really knows what its doing. The fish was cooked perfectly and the gratin was scarfed down even though I would usually avoid fennel. I am definitely coming back to try more dishes here and have some more pints in the sun once it warms up outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment